My name is S.M. Oliva. I am a freelance web content writer who has been developing and editing blog posts since 2000. My bakcground includes a decade as a paralegal and a non-profit director. Since 2012, I have worked primarily as a web content writer for law firm and business clients.
I am always looking for new opportunties to help improve the quality of independent websites and blogs. Please feel free to contact me to start a conversation on what I can do to help your business.
Freelance Web Content Writer (2012 - Present)
- Authored thousands of individual blog posts, landing pages, and feature articles for law firm and law-related business clients
- Featured projects include ThomsonReuters SuperLawyers, Zip2Tax, and PythonGUIs
- Edit and publish self-hosted blog, Computer Chronicles Revisited, which reviews the PBS series that aired between 1983 and 2002
Paralegal, John B. Dunn, Attorney at Law (2008 - 2013)
- Contract paralegal for a solo attorney trust, estate planning, and probate firm in Maryland
- Drafted trust and estate planning documents. Assisted in the opening, management, and closing of Maryland probate estates
- Provided general office support, including managing client billing and records
Nonprofit Director, Voluntary Trade Council, Inc. (2003 - 2013)
- Founded and directed an IRS-recognized 501(c)(3) organization that conducted research into U.S. antitrust laws
- Oversaw fundraising and administration of the organization. Created, wrote, and edited the organization’s websites and research papers
- Drafted public comments to the Federal Trade Commission and Department of Justices
Paralegal, Verstegen & Fobe (2002 - 2007)
- Contract paralegal for a solo attorney focused on international trust and estate planning.
- Drafted trust and estate planning documents.
- Provided general office support, including managing client billing and records.
Education and Skills
- B.Sc., Paralegal Studies, University of Maryland Global Campus (2001)
- 25 years experience blogging
- 25 years experience legal content writing
- 15 years experience working with WordPress
- 10 years experience running Linux-based desktop systems and virtual private servers
- 5 years experience creating and running static websites using Hugo